I found some of this a little difficult to swallow because it is hard to imagine that anyone could be so ridiculous and so irresponsible. However, there must have been some type of mental illness involved here because no sane person could ever come up with any of this. The story is written by the daughter of Rex and Rose Mary Walls. It is a miracle that any of the kids even survived much less are functioning in society. I really enjoyed reading it. It was easy to get through. 
This is the first Harry Potter book that I have read. I love the movies so much that I was afraid to read the books because they are always so much better than the movie. However, after watching the Half blood Prince, I could not help but read this because the suspense was KILLING Me!! So, I read the book and OH My GOODNESS!! It was so great! I could hardly put it down. I am still excited for the movie but I wish that I am certainly going to have to go back and start at the beginning of the series. It was certainly well written and I was kept on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE book.
3) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

This was weird and difficult at times but sweet and very fun to imagine as well. I know that the books are always better than the movies but I am looking forward to seeing this on DVD next month. It was a fun trip back and forth. I love books that give you the story from both sides and the writer allows you to hear from both Henry and Claire.
3.) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Don't go see the movie UNTIL you read the book. I have read all sorts of reviews on the movie and apparently the director really tailored the movie to appeal to a younger audience, leaving out some content that truly helped you to understand what kind of "villain" we are dealing with here. The book was not gruesome by any means but there is some detail here that was important to the story. This story is told by a 13 year old girl who has been murdered and she is telling about her family that was left behind as she watches from Heaven. It was really easy to get through and I will definitely read it again!
I two Susan Wiggs books at home and Nibble and Kuhn, which my mother just reviewed and enjoyed so that is coming next. I wish I could somehow get paid to read all day, I ABSOLUTELY love it.
If anyone has suggestions on how that could work...Let me know :)
Sorry it has been so long, things are settling down and I will try to get back to regular posts!







Hey Steph! It's been forever since the last time we talked. I'm glad to know you're alive and well. Thanks for the book suggestions. I'll add some of them to my waiting list. I'd also love to get paid to read all day, as long as I could choose what books I read since I'm pretty picky.
ReplyDeleteHave you read any Richard Paul Evans books? My friend loaned me four of them recently (The Sunflower, Grace, The Last Promise and The Gift). They were all super quick reads and I couldn't put them down. The Sunflower was my favorite. So good!
Love ya!
P.S. I like your new blog name.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed all these book review posts. I must clean out my blog roll.
ReplyDeleteI WILL send you lots and lots of books, if you
will review them for my site...same goes for Suzy Q!